Friday, July 4, 2008

Second pit-stop: Surfers Paradise in Gold Coast

Mariott Courtyard Hotel. (VERY NICE.)
Awesome landscape view.
Warm sunny beaches with many many chicks and hunks. (It's the school hols.)
Friendly and extremely patient bus drivers.
Irritating, ignorant and insensitive Indonesian uni students.
Shopping @ Pacific Fair.
Bikinis and havaianas galore.
Winter sales.
Sitting with random strangers on wild roller-coaster rides. (My mom too wuss.)
Freezing my arse off at nights.
Paying 2 aussie bucks for 20 mins internet usage. (No free WIFI. Outdated sia.)

I really couldn't get used to having so many people around the entire place. It's like shockers, since the resort was pretty peaceful and quiet. Felt a lil afraid of the people the night we reached. SCARY.

I felt really fat, since all the food's oily and huge. Oh, but these few days didn't really have much appetite. Got more distracted with the shops and interesting sights. Think my mom's eating more than me now. Odd.

As soon as I saw a weighing scale at my cuzzie's, I dashed for it. Lost 1 kg. WOOHOO. Think I'll put it back on again this week. Just had this whole chix feast for dinner. OMG.

ANYHOO. Conclusion: Gold Coast is meant for couples or groups of friends. Not for mother-daughter duo trips. Actually, hardly any place is good for a mother-daughter duo trip. Ah well.

I MISS SINGAPORE. DAMMIT.