Friday, August 29, 2008

Picasa.

Thanks to Jasper's wise advice, having Picasa now is like. A blessing.
Wonder how Jiao Per's doing now anyway. Haha.

ANYHOO.
Looking through the pictures I took in Australia just makes me want to get my ass back there again. Haha. Yes, Jon has proven his point. I'm missing Australia. Not for the weather. But for the fun and shopping. I think it'll be more fun next year; going with a different crowd. Hehe. OMG. JUNE.

Birthday celebration was good. Food was good. Company was good. Management from there was a lil screwed up though. The amount of food they thought would fill 20 people was pathetic. Had to do several refills for each dish.

On one hand I felt like, "Yeah, they're doing business. Gotta earn a profit." But on the other hand, it's kinda like, "Have you really filled 20 people with just that amount of food?!?! DAMN. They must be damn shy, probably don't dare to go up to the food table to get a proper first helping. "

Imagine my shock when less than 10 people went to get their food and about 3 dishes were emptied. Oh well. They did give a voucher at the end of the day. But still, I felt a lil down, cause the servings were disappointing.
Their defense statements made me more upset:
"But this is not a buffet..."
"We don't have the economies of scale to be able to feed them fully..."
"We've fed more people and they could even 'da-bao' some home."
RIGHT. Contradictory statements.
I actually had to put up with the debating for 2-3 hours before the night ended. When Stef said, "Bring it up as a case.", I almost died. Gosh. It's my birthday; for once, less drama in my life please.

Conclusion: Place is good for ala-carte. Food's good. But party-wise, with that kinda money, you should probably go to some other place more established. Either that or you have a really good debator/hard-ass person to liaise with them to make sure the food proportions are right. HAHA.