Thursday, June 11, 2009

The success test

Oswald Chambers wrote that the most exacting test of all to survive is prosperity.

I've always thought adversity was the worst situation any human being survives from.

"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. "
Romans 12:3

Rulin sent an email and asked if I can help out in the Youth Camp as an asst. camp comm. It felt pretty exciting actually. Like. WOW. I can help out. I wanna help out!!!

Then I started thinking about my grades. Worked harder the last 2 semesters to improve my CAP. And THEN I thought about how extra commitments may jeopardise my efforts to maintain/improve my CAP this coming semester. There, for a moment, I thought my better-improved grades were from my human efforts.

Forgive me, God. I know it's a miracle from You. How else would a lousy-at-maths girl like me score well in measurements, especially when I thought I was going to flunk it. I really really hope You'll bless me again this semester. A rather childish/selfish prayer. But yeah.

Right now, I'm in this phase, "Am I listening to God right? Or is it just my stupid brain thinking stupid thoughts?"
Sigh. I used to be able to differentiate. Now it's just a big fat mess.

I think it's time to level up. See Audrey, now magikarp gotta try leveling up. And magikarps take freakin' long to level up because of their useless moves. BLARGH. WHY GIVE ME MAGIKARP. Stupid magiKRAP. At least title me some other pokemon which actually levels up by having some useful moves. My fish jump move is like. SUPER DUPER EXTREMELY useless.

Okay, think I digressed too much. Will stop blabbing.