Sunday, February 3, 2008

Big poof.

Sigh. It sucks when people make your future prospects seem so dim and dull.

"You're just going to be ordered around by people..."
"You're definitely doing sai-gang man. Manage and talk to the construction workers."
BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It sucks even more, particularly with ignorant people who aren't doing very well academically to begin with. They're the kind of people who pretend to know it all but actually they know absolutely nuts about nothing.

It sucks THE most, when some jerks think they're so smart that they've the right to look down on other people.

It did cross my mind to tell them to knock it off, since it kinda hurts a bit. But oh well. Who am I to stop them? They have their own opinions. It is a new course after all; not much prestige, other than the fact that it is a NUS degree.

Imagine being surrounded by the following people - An army soldier about to ORD (I think), a smart-ass who's going to study law in NUS, a teacher at HCI with his wife, a designer with an outstanding portfolio which I will never be able to create in my lifetime, and an about-to-enlist-to-NDU arsehole who thinks his hospitality diploma is damn fantastic.

I do respect the HCI teacher for the longest time, so his making-fun-of-my-studies-and-career-prospects was considered sound advice, though he was laughing while commenting,

SIGH. Thinking about it makes me want to just stop going to church tomorrow. Have to face that law student early in the morning for a meeting somemore. Great.

I guess I'm really that useless. Oh well. Of course I hope and pray (real hard) that when I'm done with my studies, I'll get this fantastic job prospect which will just shut the stupid know-it-all-idiots' mouths.

:( It's just discouraging. And it hurts pretty badly. Like, hello, this is what I'm going to study for the next few years. It's bad enough that I deferred for a year. Thanks for just making me feel worse about myself.

I was actually hoping that I can talk to someone about it when I got home. But I don't even think he knows what the heck I'm studying. He probably thinks I'm a loser too. Oh well. What a great way to end a day and start the next.